Forum Discussion

Mathilda
Trusted User
5 years ago
Solved

Processing Electronic Payments

Good morning (and happy New Year!)

I am not very experienced with payroll yet and have been trying to do electronic payments for our wages.  I have followed the steps one by one as in my MYOB manual, and up to step 8 where I have to save the ABA file everything works fine, but after I have clicked "save" it says that the "Prepare Electronic Payments" window reappears.  Mine doesn't.  I don't know which steps to follow to get the actual payment straight from MYOB to be paid out of our bank account, so every week I have to go into the bank and pay the wages manually. Can someone please help me get on track here ...

• Hi Mathilda 

After you have saved the ABA file in a specified location on your computer, the next step would be uploading that ABA file to your bank.  The bank file can be uploaded to your bank using your bank's online banking portal. Refer to the help in your online banking for instructions on how to do this, or check with your bank. You can also search Google for your bank's instructions, e.g. search for "upload bank file ANZ" or "upload aba file westpac", etc.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Mathilda 

After you have saved the ABA file in a specified location on your computer, the next step would be uploading that ABA file to your bank.  The bank file can be uploaded to your bank using your bank's online banking portal. Refer to the help in your online banking for instructions on how to do this, or check with your bank. You can also search Google for your bank's instructions, e.g. search for "upload bank file ANZ" or "upload aba file westpac", etc.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Tilla
      Experienced Cover User

Thank you, this was very helpful - if only I had the same help from our bank :(

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi Tilla 

Great to hear that Komal_S 's post was of assistance to yourself. As you were not logged in as the original poster you would not have the option to accept a post on the thread as a solution. However, in this case, I've arranged for that response to be marked as an accepted solution on your behalf.

Tilla
      Experienced Cover User

How do I mark it as a solution?