Forum Discussion

Roxa
Cover User
2 years ago

STP 2 Reporting, activity slips for contractors as "employees" who aren't paid as an employee

Hi

I use contractors who I pay through a tax invoice from their company not payroll, however they are set up as employees to use activity slips for time billing of clients.

How can I still use activity slips for time billing, but not have them as employees for STP 2?

TMS

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Roxa 

Thanks for your post. Employee cards with Other selected as the Employment Basis are not reported to the ATO through STP. You can find the Employment Basis field in Payroll details>>Personal details.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Coac
      Contributing Partner

Hi, I had an STP 2 ATO error report when I ran payroll that included a contractor that I pay superannuation for as they are for labour only. The set up is as you have described: Employment basis = other; Employment Category = temporary; Employment classification = Contractor SG. I have now set the Taxes code to 'Labour hire' and hope this may be what is needed (I don't pay taxes for this contrator, only SG). Has any one else had this problem? What is the solution?

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi Coac 

Apologies for the delay in replying. If you're still having trouble with this can you tell me what error code you're getting and I'll be happy to help.