Forum Discussion

Downunder1
Contributing User
2 years ago

STP Phase 2 - On Line

I called MYOB this morning, and was told that we are on line. Asked consultant could they check if we are on line.  Was unable to help, was put thru to Payroll section, 1 hours wait.

We are paying AccountRight Live Plus, but we have not used online for the last 5 years, as the internet was terrible and kept dropping out.

So how do I know that we are compliant with STP Phase 2 on line.

Thank you.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Downunder1 

Based on what you have written, you are currently using a MYOB file that is offline, and so no you are not  yet complying with STP Phase 2.

It seems you have uploaded a file online in the past, however you are not currently using this file. While this old file is still online, technically it might seem to a MYOB staffer that you are 'online'.

To use an online file, you need to log in via your my.myob account (an email address and 2FA etc). And the bottom right corner of AR2022 will show a green Online panel. If you are logged in offline it will show a purple Local panel.

To use your current file online you would need to create a backup and restore that backup online. There are MYOB support articles on how to do this here. Restoring the file online will replace the current online file with the updated copy - provided both have the same File ID.

Once your current file is online, you need to ensure all users log in online and do not use the Local copy - best to rename the Local file to avoid issues. You would then need to enable STP Phase 2.

FYI if you have poor internet and cannot store your file online, there are other ways to comply with Phase 2. It would mean using something like STP Creator to do STP reporting instead of MYOB's STP Reporting. STP Creator was created for offline MYOB files and works with any version, including AR2022.11. This will save you the need to use your file online.

Regards

Gavin

• Hi Downunder1 

I've checked the serial number linked to your Forum log in. Company file ID 7 is online and is using an STP entitlement. To check the Company File ID go to Help>>About MYOB AccountRight. 

As mentioned by gavin12345 , if you have been accessing this file offline (locally) you will need to take a back up of the current offline file and restore it online. You will then be able to transition to STP Phase 2.

You can tell which phase you're on in the STP reporting centre. If you're on Phase 2, in the top right corner will be a label Reporting on STP Phase 2 and there's also a Send update event button.

Let us know if you need further help.