STP2 new wages/salary pay item called Cash Out Of Leave In Service & Paid Parental Leave

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Ele
Trusted Cover User
99 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

99Posts

19Kudos

5Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

STP2 new wages/salary pay item called Cash Out Of Leave In Service & Paid Parental Leave

I am working thru the Getting Ready for STP Phase 2;

and note that there is now a new categories called Cash out of leave in service AND Paid Parental leave.

both of these new categories will reduce the accrued hours.

However in the Entitlement Tab only one category choice can reduce acrued hours.

So If someone went on a weeks leave and wanted to cash out 2 weeks leave - you can only reduce the hours owed them by the week actually taken.

DONT tell me to do a separate payroll for the cashed out 2 weeks as I dont want to have to change the entitlement tab every time.  I may get interupted and not change it back.

5 REPLIES 5
Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

510Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: STP2 new wages/salary pay item called Cash Out Of Leave In Service & Paid Parental Leave

Hi @Ele,

Thank you for your post. 

An entitlement category can have more than one linked wages category that reduces the accrued hours. I will attach a screenshot below for you:

entitlement.png

This setting allows you to process a pay run with more than 1 wage category that reduces your entitlement accrual, for example:

pay run of entitlement.png

If I have misunderstood your query or you require further assistance/ information, please let me know. 

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Ele
Trusted Cover User
99 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

99Posts

19Kudos

5Solutions

Re: STP2 new wages/salary pay item called Cash Out Of Leave In Service & Paid Parental Leave

Thank You Sam  Smiley Happy

It was right there in front of me, wasn't it Smiley Happy

FionaR-Perth
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Does this also apply when cashing out Long Service Leave using the new Leave Cash Out category?

Ele
Trusted Cover User
99 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

99Posts

19Kudos

5Solutions

To FionaR

As long service leave is a separate type of leave to (annual leave, parental leave etc) and has its own rules (available on government web sites). 

Under the 2 awards that cover our business LSL is due at 10, 15, 20, years. 

And under those awards it does not accumulate but falls due on a date. 

So I have raised

Wages Category

16 @ 10 yrs used Long Serv Lea

17 @ 10 yrs Cash out LSL

18 @ 15 yrs used Long Serv Leav

19 @ 15 yrs Cash out LSL

20 @ 20 yrs used Long Serv Leav

21 @ 20 yrs Cash out LSL

(the numbers in the front are so that they appear in the correct order on the screen)

Entitlements Category

0 @ 10 years Long Service Leave

0 @ 15 years Long Service Leave

0 @ 20 years Long Service Leave

(the zero in the front is so that they appear at the top of the choices)

When someone hits their anniversary, I go in and tick their name on the relevant choice

eg John Smith hits his 10 years service, I go in and tick his name on the ones relevant for 10 years.

Then when he gives me the holiday request form I use the 'used' if he has asked for time off, and the 'cash out' if he just wants money.

That way I dont have to remember anything, it is all down in stone.  Hope this helps.

FionaR-Perth
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Ele - I understand about LSL, it was just linking this new Leave Cash Out category to ensure that the correct entitlements are reduced.  Thanks for your examples - I have now set up another category LSL Cash Out and linked it to LSL Entitlement to make sure the LSL Entitlement will be reduced.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post