Forum Discussion

LeeanneM
Partner
2 years ago

Salary Entitlements Reducing

I have set up accruals for salary & personal leave on an hours per pay basis, separate to the hours accrued on percentage basis.

I've also set up separate wage categories for the AL & PL wages paid for salary.

How do the entitlements reduce when a salaried employee is paid for annual leave or personal leave in this scenario.

Have searched for answer but can't find one.

Thank you.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi LeeanneM 

Thanks for your post. To reduce a leave balance by hours taken go to Payroll Categories>>Entitlements tab>>open the Leave entitlement>>select the applicable leave wage category in the Linked Wages Category field.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

LeeanneM
      Partner

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for your response. I had tried to do that, but Annual Leave Salary isn't in the options when I try to link it.

I'll attach a screen shot of what I have.

Thank you

Leeanne

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi LeeanneM 

If the Annual leave salary wage payroll category is set up as Type of Wages: Salary, hours can't be allocated to that payroll category when processing a payrun. As such, it won't be available for selection in Linked wages category. You'd need to change the Type of Wages to Hourly so that hours can be allocated to that payroll category which will then reduce the balance.