Forum Discussion

KylieD
Trusted Cover User
3 years ago

Super Batch Reversed

Hi Everyone.

Due to the fact that one employee did not advise me that her superfund had closed her super contributions were returned to me.

I paid her super in a batch (of about 20 payments).

I followed the instructions and reversed the payment in MYOB which is all fine.

My problem is when i go into pay liabilities to clear the ones that have been paid in that batch and dont need to be repaid) what account do I pay from??? the instructions from MYOB dont tell you what account. I cant use a bank account as then it goes into my bank register - and these are already paid. I am just trying to clear the already paid ones???

could someone please make it clear which account i can pay these from which will clear out the super account.

thank you soooooooooooo very much in advance.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi KylieD,

Thank you for your post, however sorry to see no one has responded to your query yet. 

I will provide the answer to your query just in case you haven't resolved this yet, and for the benefit of other users in the same situation. 

When clearing the 'already paidcontributions through the Pay Liabilities function, you need to select the account that the money had originally come out of, as well as the original date the payment was made. By reversing the batch payment, the transactions will be reversed from the account (almost like it never happened), so the payment would need to be recorded again and posted to the original account through Pay Liabilities

If you have any further queries, please do reach out.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.