Forum Discussion

lyndor
Experienced Cover User
3 years ago

Superannuation

Why isn't the superannution guarantee button automatically ticked and then can be changed if needed?

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi lyndor 

Thanks for your post. All payroll categories need to be manually linked to the relevant employee. With regard to the super guarantee category, the default category set up may not suit all employees so new categories may need to be created. As such, the employer needs to check and confirm the category before linking to employees.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

lyndor
      Experienced Cover User

So the common problem I have is that new employees dont have the details to there super fund / or dont have a super fund.  Wouldn't it be better to have it set to pay the super guarantee and changed to suit the employee rather than the other way around?

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi lyndor 

The super guarantee payroll category isn't linked to the employee's super fund. The payroll category determines how the super guarantee is calculated and any limits or thresholds that apply. The employee's super fund is linked to the employee's card.

The default super guarantee payroll category is not automatically selected as the set up does not apply to all employees. It needs to be manually selected to ensure super guarantee is accrued according to that employee's requirements.