Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Terminated Employees now requesting Income Type

I have over 200 teminated employees dating back to 2017 that are now showing as an Error in the payroll section as it doesn meet ATO requirements. The error is that these employee don't have an income type, becasue I didnt need to give them one back when they we're set up. All these employees have been terminated. Please tell me there is an easy way to remove these 200 employees from these error messgae - hoping I dont have to go and give each one a income type (as they no longer work here)?

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi HannahAVO 

Welcome to the Community Forum. When checking payroll details The STP system will only check active employees. Instead of changing the income type, the better option would be to make the card inactive.

As you have quite a few former employees that need to be updated, you could update them all in bulk by using the Import/Export Assistant. You would be updating the field "Card Status", to change them to being inactive cards.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.