Forum Discussion

TracyatMuirhead
Experienced Cover User
6 years ago
Solved

changing account code for staff payroll

Hi there,

I have noticed that for some reason one of our new employees has had the 'Pay from Account' set to code 1-1115 (Payroll Clearing) where all our other staff are set to 1-1112 (Electronic Payments) - can someone please advise how I change this so they are all under the same code.

Thank you in advance

Tracy

• Hi TracyatMuirhead 

This can depend on how the Employee's Payment Details is set up in the Card File and the relevant Linked Accounts based on it's Payment Method.

If you open an Employee's Card File and go to the Payment Details tab, you can see which method is being chosen here.

You can then see which Account this will use by going to: Setup > Linked Accounts > Payroll Accounts

For example:

Click image to see full size

1 of my Card Files is set to Electronic, but another is set to Cash. Looking at my Linked Accounts, I can see those who are set up for Electronic Payments will use: 1-1190* but those who use Cash will use: 1-1140*.

*Your account numbers will be different to mine.

If I want all of my Employee's to use Electronic Payments, I'll need to set up my Employee's to use the Electronic Method. (This will require entering Payment Details across all Employee's)

Here's a good support note that goes into more detail concerning Linked Accounts: What are linked accounts?

Let us know if you have any questions on this.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Haydes
    MYOB Product Team

Hi TracyatMuirhead 

This can depend on how the Employee's Payment Details is set up in the Card File and the relevant Linked Accounts based on it's Payment Method.

If you open an Employee's Card File and go to the Payment Details tab, you can see which method is being chosen here.

You can then see which Account this will use by going to: Setup > Linked Accounts > Payroll Accounts

For example:

Click image to see full size

1 of my Card Files is set to Electronic, but another is set to Cash. Looking at my Linked Accounts, I can see those who are set up for Electronic Payments will use: 1-1190* but those who use Cash will use: 1-1140*.

*Your account numbers will be different to mine.

If I want all of my Employee's to use Electronic Payments, I'll need to set up my Employee's to use the Electronic Method. (This will require entering Payment Details across all Employee's)

Here's a good support note that goes into more detail concerning Linked Accounts: What are linked accounts?

Let us know if you have any questions on this.