9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

recording wages paid & payg

My main MYOB software was purchased outright (i.e not online or on subscription). As it does not have payroll features, I have purchased, on subscription, MYOB Payroll  to conform with Single touch payroll requirements for the  ATO.  My question is this: After I  have completed the weekly pay run in the Payroll software I then need to enter the Wages amounts, any PAYG tax & Supernnuation amounts into my main  MYOB software.  How do I do this, is it done as a Journal entry or....?

3 REPLIES 3
Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,366 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,366Posts

115Kudos

264Solutions

Re: recording wages paid & payg

Hi @deb6,

Thanks for your post. I'd like to clarify where you entered the figures. If it's in MYOB, there's no need to do so again. We recommend processing the payment directly in your payroll software. This means you don't need to enter it in multiple places. Please see this help article for more information: Setting up Single Touch Payroll reporting

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

deb6
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

thanks for your response. My MYOB Payroll & MYOB Accountright are two separate software. They are not connected.     I purchased Accountright many years ago, I purchased it outright (it is not on subscription) , it is very basic & does not have payroll features.  Now that I have staff, I have a subscription for Payroll only, It is not connected, it is  separate software.

When I create the payrun in MYOB payroll & pay my staff, this information has to be manually entered into Accountright to record the wages expense, superannuation payable & PAYG withholding amounts)

I am not sure how to do this, is it done as a Spend Money transaction (allocated to Wages & Salaries expense account) or do I do a Journal entry?

thanks for your assistance

Isaiah_C
MYOB Moderator
1,526 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,526Posts

66Kudos

124Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @deb6,

Thank you for the post. We'd recommend speaking to your accountant as you'll need to record journal entries to record those amounts in AccountRight. You can refer to this post Recording monthly wages paid - MYOB Community.

Have a great day!

Kind regards,

Sai

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post