Forum Discussion

AlexT
Contributing User
3 years ago
Solved

-25 Invalid Amount When import Purchasing

I'm so over this program.... 

I have been trying to import a Purchase order and I keep on getting the -25 error amount.... I have rounded all the decimals to max 4., no empty cells. Even created a PO on MYOB exported and trying to import it again without touching anything and I got the same error over  and over again....
I don't know what to do anymore I don't want to become a developer to run this software... anyone has the same issue?

• Hi AlexT , the total column contains several amounts that have 3 decimal places, but only 2 are permitted in that field. You can have more decimals in the unit price column, 6 I think, which should help.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi AlexT 

Thanks for your post. That error is generally caused when the text file has been saved from Excel as Excel adds quotation marks to the import file. You can resolve this by changing the column format in Excel, saving the file and importing again.

To do this:

1. identify the column with the quotation marks, in Excel select the entire column>>right click the column header>>select Format Cells
    2. in the Format Cells window>>Number tab>>select Number and click OK
    3. save the file. If you get a prompt that some features might be lost if you save it as Text select Yes
    4. if you open the import file in Notepad the quotation marks should have been removed

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

AlexT
      Contributing User

Hi Tracey

Thanks for your reply.

I couldn't find any quotation marks. I have attached the files; maybe you can see it ...but to me, the problem seems to be in the calculation that MYOB is trying to do... at least that is what the -25 error seems to say Invalid Amount...

Thanks again

Mike_James
        Ultimate Partner

Hi AlexT , the total column contains several amounts that have 3 decimal places, but only 2 are permitted in that field. You can have more decimals in the unit price column, 6 I think, which should help.