Forum Discussion

accounts2233
Experienced User
2 years ago

ANALYSE SALES(ITEM-FY COMPARISON)

Hi 

I am using MYOB ACCOUNTINGRIGHT PREMIER.AU 2023.3.0

BUILD:2023.3.1.12.

I AM TRYING TO COMPARE THE INVOICED SALES AND PROFITABILITY OF EACH ITEM SOLD THIS YEAR WITH PREVIOUS YEAR. 

RUNNING ANALYSE SALES(ITEM-FY COMPARISON) COMES WITH NIL TRANSACTIONS WITH THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE

"THERE'S NO INFORMATION TO DISPLAY. TRY CHANGING THE FILTER AND THEN RUN THE REPORT." 

CHANGED THE FILTER BUT GOT THE SAME MESSAGE. WE HAVE OVER 4000 ITEMS.

COULD YOU PLEASE ASSIST 

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi accounts2233 

Thanks for your post. If your file is online, and the sales reports you are trying to generate is the Sales (Activity Detail) Report, kindly create a backup of your company file and have it restored locally. Once done, you can try to generate the report again and please let me know if it is the same error message. After generating the report, do not use local backup instead kindly put it back online.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best regards,
    Doreen

accounts2233
      Experienced User

Hi Doreen,

Thank you for your email. 

1) "If your file is online, and the sales reports you are trying to generate is the Sales (Activity Detail) Report"

Yes my files are online.

My post was relating to Analyse Sales (Item - FY Comparison).

Even none of the sales reports listed under Äctivity" including the report specified on your email do not work. Please refer to the screen shot. 

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi accounts2233 

Sorry for the delay of response. 

Do you still an assistance regarding the message you received when running a report? If yes, feel free to reply to this post.

Best regards,

Doreen

accounts2233
      Experienced User

Bug has not been fixed. Keep getting the same message. Could you please assist. Thank you 

Hannah_V
        MYOB Moderator

Hi, accounts2233 apologize for the late reply.

To further assist you, can you please send me a private message with the following information:

• Serial Number
        • First and Last Name
        • Company Name

Regards,

Hannah 

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

HI accounts2233 

I just simply want to know how you go about this issue. Upon checking on this conversation your main concern is to compare the invoice sales and profitability of each item sold this year with the prior year, and you received the message  "There is no information to display. Try changing the filter and then run report"

As an added information to this issue.  This error message happens if you have files with 999 or more items. However, if you have fewer than 999 item, it appears to display a data file. It is, however, inconsistent. 

The most typical cause of this problem is that the item is no longer tagged as "I sell". This can be determined by exporting and determining which ones have an income account. 

I hope this helps. 

Let us know if you need further assistance with this. We're happy to assist you. 

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers, 

Cel

accounts2233
      Experienced User

Try changing the filter and then run report -> Did not work

Happens if you have files with 999 or more item -> We have almost 3,000 items

The most typical cause of this problem is that the item is no longer tagged as "I sell". This can be determined by exporting and determining which ones have an income account. 

There are items which are inactive (which we do not sell) - I would imagine the report would be printed omitting  these item 

I hope this helps.  - >Sorry this does not help. Can you not escalate the matter and come up with a solution