Forum Discussion

TLS1
User
3 months ago
Solved

Applying payment to an invoice in a locked period

Hi,

We have an invoice in MYOB for a customer who made the payment back on the 31st March 2023. this is now a locked period. The amount was never applied to the invoice, so it is still showing outstanding balance. 

How do I apply the payment to the invoice now and still balance at the end of the month?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Tanya Sullivan

• Hi TLS1,

Thank you for your post.

Apologies for the delayed response. To apply the payment to the invoice, you would first need to update the lock period in your Setup >> Preferences >> Security. Once the lock period is updated to a date that allows you to access the invoice, you should be able to make the payment. However, please be aware that changing the lock period can affect other aspects of your accounts, especially if you've closed the financial year, so it's recommended to consult with your accountant or financial advisor before making these changes. For further information, please check out these Help articles:

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

1 Reply

• Hi TLS1,

Thank you for your post.

Apologies for the delayed response. To apply the payment to the invoice, you would first need to update the lock period in your Setup >> Preferences >> Security. Once the lock period is updated to a date that allows you to access the invoice, you should be able to make the payment. However, please be aware that changing the lock period can affect other aspects of your accounts, especially if you've closed the financial year, so it's recommended to consult with your accountant or financial advisor before making these changes. For further information, please check out these Help articles:

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess