Forum Discussion

Beiying
Contributing User
3 years ago

CN Products not reversing correctly

I've got 2 types of inventory: Straight forward purchase and Adjust Inventory to combine into products. Am currently experiencing issues with Credit Notes issued for the latter product groups. 

Journal Entry (backend) for Sales:

Dr Cost of Sales/Trade Debtors

Cr Inventories/GST Control Acc/Sales

Journal Entry (backend) for Return:

Dr GST Control Acc/Sales

Cr Trade Debtors

Inventories and COS not linked. Can anyone advise? I've tried checking with MYOB but so far their recommended actions are not working. =(

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Beiying 

My apologies for the delay in replying to you. We are now aware that what you are experiencing was an issue in the AccountRight 2022.1 release. It has been resolved in the 2022.2 release. You can find more information in this Help Article: Incorrect COGS on edited sales

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Beiying
      Contributing User

Hi Tracey,

Thank you for the proposed solution. I've followed your solution steps to work around. However, it only shows the value in inventory register, when I do the recap at the sales invoice, there is still no link to the COGS. I've sent you the screenshots in FB msg. Please take a look. Looking forward to your reply. =)

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi Beiying 

So that I can look into this can you please provide those screenshots on this thread. Please make sure sensitive information is removed from screenshots prior to posting on the public Forum.