Forum Discussion

5 years ago
Solved

Can't delete or reverse a payment

Somehow we have accidently applied a payment from our account to an invoice but we haven't received the payment yet. We can't seem to delete or reverse this payment. Also we are getting our MYOB asking us to close and restart many times during the day everyday. Can we please get some help with these two issues. Thankyou.

Jacqui

• Hi jtaylorrbrt 

Please note that if the payment has been applied to the sales order which was then converted to an invoice, it won't be possible to delete or reverse the payment as the payment gets locked in the customer deposits account. In order to check that, recap the transaction by clicking Ctrl+R, and if you find any amount against "Transfer to Deposits" account, it can only be settled by reversing the entire invoice.

The detailed instrucitons on how to handle such payments are on Customer Deposits help article.

Please let me know if you have further questions on this.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi jtaylorrbrt 

Please note that if the payment has been applied to the sales order which was then converted to an invoice, it won't be possible to delete or reverse the payment as the payment gets locked in the customer deposits account. In order to check that, recap the transaction by clicking Ctrl+R, and if you find any amount against "Transfer to Deposits" account, it can only be settled by reversing the entire invoice.

The detailed instrucitons on how to handle such payments are on Customer Deposits help article.

Please let me know if you have further questions on this.

jtaylorrbrt
      User

Hi Komal,

Thank you this has worked and fixed my issue. 

Jacqui