Count Inventory Errors

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
wal_h77
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Count Inventory Errors

Hi crew, hoping somone may be able to assist in a count inventory issue I am having. Since going to cload based data file our quantities on hand have become very odd for many items. the analyse inventory will show 1.5 or .5 etc however when you delve into the item card file there is actually 1.500000000006 or and E15 error etc where I assume there are too many digits to display.

The problem is I cant clean up my inventory through the "count inventory" tab. When I do and I manually delete the 1.5 or .5 for exampole and replace with 0 as we dont physically have this low number on hand I can't record the final journal entry for those items. 

I have over 9000 items on our inventory list and I am trying to clean up and remove the wastage amounts on around 1000 items. every 3rd item has an error and cant be made 0 on hand because of this issue. 

Any suggestions / work aorunds would be appreciated. I know one option is to increase the on hand quantity to 1 and then go back and remove them all by another count inventory adjust ment however it isn't ideal when we are talking about 1000 adjustments!

regards

Leigh 

3 REPLIES 3
Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,908 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,908Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Re: Count Inventory Errors

Hi @wal_h77

Thanks for posting your concern in the forum. 

I understand how important it is that the values of the inventory are all accurate. I will send you a private message to collect more information regarding your concern. 

In the meantime, feel free to post again if you have any other concerns. 

Thanks,

Genreve

wal_h77
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

thanks for the reply....just checking however i didnt get a private mesage at all.

cheers

leigh 

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,908 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,908Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @wal_h77

Thanks for your response and update. 

I will send a private message again to make sure you receive it. 

Feel free to respond to the private message. 

Thanks,

Genreve

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post