Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Custom Lists & Feilds setup

Looking for any help on how to correctly setup custom lists and feilds. I have around 1000 sales items and I want to catagorise them accordning to the type / size etc of the product. I have exported all my exitsing items and catagorised most of them where possible. When I have imported them bak into the system none of the new catagories or visible although it says upload successful. Some items have old lists or feils I no longer want to use and I cannot remove these feilds in bulk with the import export feature and certainly do not have the time to go into each item and manually change each feild or list.

PLEASE HELP.

There is ZERO support on the academy site or google searched relating the custom lists & feilds.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi CraigB11 

Welcome to the Community Forum.

Can I confirm when you are importing the data in again, have you used the option to Add, on step 3 of the Import/Export Assistant? This will allow the system to update the information when it identifies the items that already exist.

I would recommend testing with just 1 item at first to see if it produces an error. If you are still not getting a message with a reason for not importing, could you please attach the import file so I can reproduce the steps for further investigation?

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.