Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Customer statement reporting incorrect aging totals

Our customer statements are not reporting correct total for some of our customers.

We send out customer statements at the start of overy month. At the bottom of our statements we have totals showing 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, current and grand total.

We have been using the same statement form for years. For the last 6 months or so, some of our customers have reported that when they receive their statement that the 30 days, 60 days etc. totals are not populating and that its all just lumped together in 'Current'.

All of our cutomers are set up as 30 days from EOM on their card and our setting are set up to "Use Monthly Ageing periods"

Ive checked our statement form and it all looks correct as it shows "Period 1, Period 2, Period 3.

I will upload screen shots of our current settings and a customer statement showing invoices from different months and how the totals do not display correctly.

I have spoken to MYOB on the phone and they couldnt figure out why.

Has anyone had this problem? 

Any suggestions?

Ageing set up.JPG
card set up.JPG
statement form.JPG
customer statement.JPG
6 REPLIES 6
Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,433 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,433Posts

180Kudos

386Solutions

Re: Customer statement reporting incorrect aging totals

Hi @Mic2,

Thanks for your post.

Statement ageing is based on the terms of the invoice. As such, I would recommend reviewing the due date of that invoice. This can be done by opening the invoice and selecting the Terms arrow (top right) before reviewing the Due Date. 

For example, if the Terms are set to be COD and thus the Due date of the invoice would be set to be 31/1/2024. This does mean that when the statement is set to be run for 31/1/2024 it appears as Current, but when run for 01/2/2020 will show in the first ageing period. Due to the configuration of ageing periods and the labels, it falls into the 30 Days Overdue section. What the section is showing is actually 1-30 days overdue.

If you're still having issues with your customer statements, we recommend trying our virtual assistant MOCA. It's designed to dive deeper into issues like this. Give it a go!

Feel free to engage with MOCA through myob.com/support for any queries or assistance you might need. Don't worry if MOCA can't provide the help you need, our live chat team is just around the corner to pick up from where MOCA left off.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Tish_Wise62
Contributing Cover User
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

15Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

This is the exact situation I have for my customers as well.

I did check the due date of the Invoices invloved and they read correctly.

That is they show as overdue everywhere except the statement.

Did you have any luck resolving your issue?

Regards, 

Cushla

Mic2
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hey Cushla

After spending hours on the phone with MYOB they concluded that it is an issue within the software and that it has been logged to be investigated. They gave me a reference number and told me they would get in touch with me, i have not heard back yet. They told me that once resolved, it would come through as a software update, as they have had other similar reports, so it wasnt just us having this problem.

Hoping to hear something soon as our customers get cross with us but we cannot change it.

Tish_Wise62
Contributing Cover User
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

15Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

so looking further at this - there are queries that go back to oct 2022.

The problem being that if we change the ageing from month to daily then our reports don't reflect the month name right?

I mean, I had a customer telling me that nothing was "overdue" even though he would have been aware that an Invoice issued in January would definitely be due before the end of March.

I did a statement dated the 3rd of the month i.e @ 03/04/2024 instead of @ 31/03/2024 under Monthly ageing and it does show the January Invoices now overdue.....but not the Feb ones!

Even though the due date on the Invoice terms reads due 30/03/2024.

If my "Aged Receivables - outstanding Invoice analysis" on the customer shows the Invoices as being overdue

Why doesn't the statement?

I hope I'm making sense :-)

Mic2
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

We had MYOB do teamviewer so they could have a look for themselves. I showed them that all the setting were correct, they checked it and confirmed that our settup is correct. 

All of our account customers are on 30 days from EOM. No matter what date we run our statements, our ageing totals at the bottom do not populate. They all get lumped together in "current"

They even tried logging into our file through the browser, generated their own statements and it still did not populate the ageing totals at the bottom.

We also cannot change to daily ageing as it messes up the totals, we need it to be monthly ageing.

The issue with us is that ours used to work fine. We have not changed anything on our end so it must have happened with one of their updates and it took us a while to notice that something wasnt right (customer complaint).

We have no other choice other than to keep sending our statements without the ageing totals populating. When customers complain, we just say its a MYOB problem.

Tish_Wise62
Contributing Cover User
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

15Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Well I hope they have an resolution soon.

Good Luck 

it's hard enough getting some customers to pay in a timely manner, without a built in excuse for them :-D

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post