Customise Invoice form with hours column and total hours

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Royc1
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Customise Invoice form with hours column and total hours

Hi, I am customising a professional invoice and am seeking how i can add a column for "hours" with a total-hours at end of column. Now because "hours" does not exist as a column option I have used "job number" to get a column i can skip too. This column has its name changed to "Hours" but inserts "job Number". This I can handle because I just overtype job number with actual hours used. However now comes the problem. HOW DO I TOTAL THE HOURS COLUMN? This is important because a percentage of these hours are later used as a commission basis to be paid elsewhere. The reason i use "Professional invoice" is because I need the date column which is not available on the "Item Invoice".

So to summarise How do I add a customised column that I can also Total.?

5 REPLIES 5
Royc1
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Customise Invoice form with hours column and total hours

Well now. No replies of how to do it eh!

OK so I had to go back to Item invoice where I could fudge the Qtyunits fiels as the HOURS field and add that up into totQty. 

So that left me with the quandry of how to display a DATE column. So I just overlaid an unused column with the DATE field. This of cousre will only show the invoice date.

So here is a request for upgrade on next issue of MYOB Accountsright. PLEASE include a "RefDate" field in the item invoice same as you do in the professional invoice.!!!!!!!!!!

kind regards

Roy

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Royc1 

Sorry to see that no-one has offered assistance with your query. This is a Community driven Forum so while MYOB does offer assistance and moderate this space there are times when you may not receive an MYOB reply.

In saying that, the sale layout used for invoices would determine the customise form that is used. For example, if the professional customise form is used then you would need to use a professional customise form to print/email that invoice out. The Professional layout will not have a hours/quantity column you would not be able to have a total hours value.

This is a similar thing with the Item layout, as that doesn't have a date column you would not be able to showcase that date. In saying that you could get around this, by adding the date onto the invoice inside a header line (Edit>>Insert Header Line). This would allow you to enter a description without needing to select an account/item. For example:

Capture 3.PNG

Alternatively, you could look at using a Time Billing layout*. This would allow you to have a date as well as a quantity/hours to which can have a total on the invoice.

*Note: A Time Billing layout would be a feature of AccountRight Plus and Premier.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Royc1
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

That you very much for your reply Stephen. Your work around looks good, except I have 39 lines to enter and that would mean two lines for every detail item thus forcing me onto two pages. I dont have the Accountsright plus version so i cannot see the time billing invoice. your reply is still good so i am going to mark it "foundsolution"

However could you please add my comment somewhere that the "RefDate" field be added to the "item" invoice field options in upcomming versions.

Royc1
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thought I would add a sample invoice trying to explain how I got the columns

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Royc1 

Given that the time billing layout does all achieve that reference date and would allow items to be added (enabling Preferences>>System -- I Include Items on Time Billing Invoices) this would be an area that would be hard to get across the line for the item layout. However, nonetheless, I have added a note on your account that you would like to see that date added to the Item layout invoices in AccountRight.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post