Forum Discussion

YHH
User
2 years ago

Delete all receipts waiting to be printed

All receipts created from monies received have never been printed for seven years. How can I delete these? The system does not like me choosing print to PDF and goes into a loop. If I select only a few at a time for print to PDF it only saves one receipt in the file.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi YHH 

Thanks for your post. One way to bulk remove transactions from the Print Receipts window is:

1. turn off your printer
    2. select the transactions you want to remove
    3. click Print
    4. open the print queue (double-click the printer icon)
    5. select the transactions from AccountRight
    6. right click the selected transactions and choose Cancel

The Help Article, Removing transactions from the print or email queue, has detailed information and instructions.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

YHH
      User

Thanks Tracey, solution all good in theory but just too many receipts, Even doing in smaller numbers the system 'falls over' and despite being able to delete - one by one - from the print queue when I return to MYOB it has closed and upon reopening the receipts are still there! 

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi YHH 

As per the linked Help Article you can select multiple transactions in the print queue by clicking the first item, pressing the SHIFT key and then selecting the last item.

Once a transaction is sent to the print queue it is removed from the Print Receipts window. If this is not happening for you, it sounds like AccountRight is crashing before the transactions are sent to the queue. I'd need details of what happens, eg, do you get the Not responding message, and the error log to look into this.

Another way to remove those receipts is select the transactions>>click Print>>when the Print window opens change the printer to a PDF writer>>click Print>>when the Save as window opens click Cancel.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.