Forum Discussion

DanCC
User
3 years ago
Solved

Deleting Zero Balance from the WIP

We have quiet a few accounts that are coming up in our Work in progress report as $0 balance. We would like to delete these but most are coming up with an activity slip saved in them which we can not delete because it has been billed already.. how do we delete it with out stuffing up our reconcillation reports and secondly how would we stop it from continuing to happen 

• Hi DanCC 

Thanks for clarifying that. I hope you have tried the suggestions given by Wynn too. If the amounts still exist, please send me a screenshot of the report and the time billing window for at least one such customer by Private Message so I can investigate further. 

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi DanCC 

Can you please go to Time Billing>>Prepare Timebilling Invoice and select the relevant customer that you want to get the work in progress removed from.  This will bring up the activity slips for that customer, for the ones you wish to close click the arrow to the left of the date to bring up the Enter Activity Slip window. On the right-hand side is the Already Billed section (looks grey and can't be typed in), can you check if there are any values in that section:

undefined

After the change

undefined
    If not, enter the Already billed amount the same as the Billable amount as this will make the activity slip closed and therefore no work in progress for that particular activity slip.

Wynn
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks Komal_S. I tried this and it seems to work - gets rid of the old unbillable hours on old jobs. Excellent.

It's just going to take a long time for me to work through heaps of WIP balances. But it will tidy up the WIP balances.

DanCC
      User

Thank you for you response Komal_S>

I think maybe I have not worded my conundrum correctly. 

The issue is they are comig up in our WIP report but not visable in our Prepare Time Billing Invoice.

Wynn
        Experienced Cover User

Hi DanCC. It will not appear in the Time Billing invoice as there's zero amounts to be billed?

Although on rare occasions I find it will appear in the invoice if there's also a line you've ticked which has dollar amounts to be billed. In my case I delete the zero amounts on the invoice.

*Or, if on the Activity Slip's last line: "Left to Bill" has hours but $0.00 then it will appear on the invoice, as there's still hours to be billed. 

Hope that helps.