Forum Discussion

Vera73
Contributing Cover User
4 months ago
Solved

Entering an invoice

Hi All

I have a payment that is direct debited from our bank account mid month for advertising.  The invoice that relates to this direct debit arrives dated end of month.  How do I enter the details to show that the direct debit occured mid month but relates to the invoice dated end of month.  I had this sorted a while back but can no longer remember how to go about it.  It was something to do with entering a 0 invoice and then receipting the invoice against a closed entry.  But now I cannot remember which way around it worked.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Hi Vera73,

Thank you for your post.

My apologies for the delay in responding back to your query. I understand that you're trying to record a direct debit payment that occurs mid-month, but the related invoice arrives at the end of the month. To resolve this, you'll need to create a debit note for the prepayment. Please refer to this Help article, Supplier Prepayments, which has detailed information that can guide and assist you with this matter.

Please let me know if you require further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

1 Reply

• Hi Vera73,

Thank you for your post.

My apologies for the delay in responding back to your query. I understand that you're trying to record a direct debit payment that occurs mid-month, but the related invoice arrives at the end of the month. To resolve this, you'll need to create a debit note for the prepayment. Please refer to this Help article, Supplier Prepayments, which has detailed information that can guide and assist you with this matter.

Please let me know if you require further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess