Error - Processing this purchase would leave the item with a positive on hand quantity and a negative value in inventory

Andyk1
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Error - Processing this purchase would leave the item with a positive on hand quantity and a negative value in inventory

I am trying to process the payment of a bill and receiving this error message. Which is this the case? The bill has items that have already been receipted into inventory. Does this relate to the value of the goods which is shown as zero for this item?

5 REPLIES 5
Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,418 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,418Posts

176Kudos

383Solutions

Re: Error - Processing this purchase would leave the item with a positive on hand quantity and a ...

Hi @Andyk1,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

So we can investigate further, can you please check the following: 

A. Check if the purchase workflow has been completed. 

If there are any orders with received items, they must be converted into bills.

Note: If you've only Partially received items or when you convert the order or you have to bill the partial order, you will need to update the order quantity to match with the received quantity. The pending to receive items must go in a new order.

To convert fully received order items, open the purchase register, click the orders tab, highlight any purchase orders that have the received tick, and press the change to bill button.

The Bill will appear on the screen, press record to complete the process.

Check the item values/average cost are now showing correctly, if not move into the next step below.

B. Check for negative on-hand quantities 

Go into the Item List then the Inventoried tab. Click the On Hand header, to sort by On hand.
Ensure no items have a Negative On Hand balance. If they do, we can run some scripts to fix the issue for which we will need your serial number.

Check the item values/average cost are now showing correctly, if not move into the next step below.

C. Check for invalid amounts in the Inventory Value Reconciliation
Run the Reports > Inventory > Items > Inventory Value Reconciliation and look for any invalid amounts.

Invalid amounts are: any negatives, 0 On Hand and a Value or any On Hand and $0.00 value.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards.

Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Andyk1
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Error - Processing this purchase would leave the item with a positive on hand quantity and a ...

THank you so much for your comprehansive response Doreen. There are no issues or errors that you mention below other than the current value and Average costs for this item in the profile tab showing as zero even though we have purchased this items many times. Interestingly the last purchase price and standard cost in the buying details tab does show values...

Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,418 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,418Posts

176Kudos

383Solutions

Hi @Andyk1,

Thanks for updating us.

We're glad that we were able to assist you. Please feel free to create a post again if you require further assistance in the future. We are here to assist.

Best regards,

Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Andyk1
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi Doreen,

I have been able to resolve the issue by adjusting the inventory for this item but not sure why this has fixed the problem. 

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,379 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,379Posts

115Kudos

271Solutions

Hi @Andyk1,

We're pleased to hear that you've resolved this issue. Additionally, AccountRight doesn't permit negative inventory quantities or values. If the transaction you were entering brought either of these amounts below zero, you would encounter an error. In this scenario, since it's related to the value of the items rather than the quantity, you would need to raise the value of the items via an inventory adjustment. This adjustment should raise the total value of the item in error to an amount greater than the credit.

Feel free to start a new post if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to assist you.
Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post