Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Errors and Warnings

Each time I import/export data, I get lots of error warning messages. So have to spend time working out what has imported and what hasnt each time!!  To avoid this , I would prefer to go through my software files once and fix them up.  Is there an easy way to do this???  Also, I am a bit unsure what the error warning means.

I updated my selling price and get Warning 55: invalid selling price, price ignored.  (what does this actually mean)  Some prices updated, some didnt.

ie Error code 7: Item no cant be more 30 characters (why isnt this field restricted to 30 characters?)

Error 93; Invalid tax code  (how to search for this and update missing fields)

Error 4065: You have sales on file for this item.  So??  does it matter, what does this actually mean?

I believe my software has had different users, and probably inconsistent ways of input, so any way to check all my data is correct would be very beneficial for future import/exporting data.

thank you

Karen

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Yanike_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi KarenTaylor 

Errors with importing in AccountRight are difficult to troubleshoot due to the stringent formatting and specific requirements the program requires. As such, it is often the case that there can be numerous reasons as to why one import error occurs for different clients. We are therefore not really able to tell exactly why you have encountered the import warning based on the information provided alone apart from the fact that the program considered the figure you entered into the field as invalid, and thus, ignored the amount.

To see which entries were invalid, please have a look at the import log.

We can run a script over the company file which has been known to correct items with a 4065 error and allow that import to occur. I'm happy to arrange for the script to be run in this case, for we to do so I need to get some additional information such as:

• Where is the company file saved? i.e. Online or local
    • What are the LAST FOUR DIGITS of the serial number? - Setup>>Company information
    • What is the company file ID of that file? - Help>>About AccountRight