Forum Discussion

ShazC
Contributing Cover User
9 months ago
Solved

Initialisaton error

I am trying to open my MYOB file in Accountright Plus V19.16. After going through the 'Open File' 'Enter User ID' and 'comfirm company file' windows I get a message saying 'Initialisation Error'

I have tried restarting the computer but still receive the same message. I cannot find any threads to help with this problem and now can't find a phone number to call to resolve the problem. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

• Hi, ShazC 

Thanks for your response. 

As per checking, AccountRight Plus v19.16 is still available. You may check the MYOB Software Downloads when installing the software. Please let us know if you require any further assistance. We are delighted to assist you.

Best regards,

Doreen

11 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, ShazC 

Thanks for your post.

I’d recommend uninstalling AccountRight first. Once uninstalled, you will need to delete or rename the program folder on your computer and run the registry cleaner to remove the registry entries for AccountRight. You can locate the AccountRight registry cleaner on our help article Fixing issues uninstalling AccountRight v19. When reinstalling, please ensure that your computer meets the system requirements for your version. You may also disable any antivirus that you have on your computer when reinstalling AccountRight

For further troubleshooting, I would suggest that you do the following for Initialisation Error (on Windows):

• Open the System Properties control panel applet (the fastest method is right click Start >> Run >> type 'sysdm.cpl')
    • Go to the Advanced tab and click on Settings under Performance.
    • Go to Data Execution Prevention >> click Add >> Go to "Myobp.exe" or where you installed AccountRight (this may have a different file name on your end)
    • Click OK

Please let us know if you require any further assistance with this. We are happy to assist.

Best regards,

Doreen

ShazC
      Contributing Cover User

Thank you Doreen, I will try that solution and let you know how I go. Before I unistall V19.16 can you please confirm that this version is still available to re-install? I realise it is quite an old version but it does everything I need for our self managed super fund record keeping. I don't need any online services and don't want to pay an extra subscription!

Appreciate your advice.

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi, ShazC 

Thanks for your response. 

As per checking, AccountRight Plus v19.16 is still available. You may check the MYOB Software Downloads when installing the software. Please let us know if you require any further assistance. We are delighted to assist you.

Best regards,

Doreen

ShazC
      Contributing Cover User

Hi Doreen,

I haven't had reliable internet range since you offered this solution so I hope to try again over the next couple of days and I will let you know how I go.

Thanks for your suggestions

Shaz

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi, ShazC 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Kindly update us on how it goes on your end. Please don't hesitate to reach out. We are delighted to assist you.

Best regards,

Doreen