Financial year wont close

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
SusieExpTech
Experienced Cover User
74 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

74Posts

9Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Financial year wont close

Hi everyone!

I have had this issue of closing my financial year for the past 5 years. Please help me.

I have confirmed my company file.

I have gone through the steps of closing my financial year, it does the back up, it tells me my financial year is closed, my MYOB refreshes, and still I'm stuck on FY 2022. Every year I have to call MYOB and I'm stuck on the phone for far too long to rectify the issue. 

What do I do? I am using AccountRight Plus AU 2023.6.0, Build: 2023.6.1.4.

Why wont it just close?

2 REPLIES 2
gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,034 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,034Posts

917Kudos

640Solutions

Re: Financial year wont close

Hi @SusieExpTech 

If you have been having this issue for 5 years, there is either something wrong with your file or your process. Before trying anything, ensure you log out, close MYOB. Run MYOB and open your company files. Sometimes MYOB doesn't refresh correctly until you close MYOB completely.

If it still shows FY is 2022 (under Setup > Company Information), try repeating the Close a Financial Year process. Take a screenshot of each step and attach to post. After backup is completed, you need to click Close Financial Year, and Conclusion screen should advise the current FY after closing. Log out, close MYOB. Re-open and check current FY. If still shows 2022, upload the images, someone might be able to spot the issue or confirm there is a problem with the company file.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,433 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,433Posts

180Kudos

386Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Financial year wont close

Hi, @SusieExpTech 

Thanks for your post.

We're sorry for the delay in response.

In addition to the information that @gavin12345 provided when closing the financial year, kindly make sure to go to File > Choose Close a Year > Close a Financial Year. The Close a Financial Year assistant window will show up. Kindly follow the prompts until you finish the process. Once done, please close the whole AccountRight and then log back in to check if the desired financial year is close. You may also check The Help Article: Close the financial year for further information. 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance with this. We are happy to assist.

Best regards,

Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post