Forum Discussion

Rob48
Contributing User
2 years ago
Solved

Importing Sales

I need to enter in MYOB income received from sales from another program that's not intergrated with MYOB.  I'm thinking a general journal.  Not sure which accounts to use though.  I'm assuming GST collected and the Sales account - not sure about the others.  Any suggestions?

• Hi Rob48 

Use the Transaction Journal to look for a similar transaction in MYOB (or in the sample file). The transaction journal will show what accounts are normally used for a sales invoice. Use these in your GJ.

If the sales need to be attached to a customer (so you can later process a payment) you should import as Sales rather than GJ. Support section has numerous help articles for importing.

Regards

Gavin

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Rob48 

Use the Transaction Journal to look for a similar transaction in MYOB (or in the sample file). The transaction journal will show what accounts are normally used for a sales invoice. Use these in your GJ.

If the sales need to be attached to a customer (so you can later process a payment) you should import as Sales rather than GJ. Support section has numerous help articles for importing.

Regards

Gavin