Forum Discussion

NadiaRavanello
Contributing User
3 years ago

In Tray

My in tray won't open and won't allow me to add a document - I was on the phone for 2 hours waiting for assistance - finally got to someone and they hung up - sooooo annoyed.  Can someone please tell me why i'm not able to open the in-tray??????????????????????????????????????????? URGENTLY PLEASE!!

10 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi NadiaRavanello 

I'm sure the MYOB Community would be happy to offer assistance with the In Tray. However, could you provide some more context into what is occurring- for example, are you selecting the In Tray button and it doesn't appear on screen? Are you getting an error message? Is it a case of you can open the window but you can't upload a document?...

If you are encountering the situation where you are selecting the In Tray button and nothing is appearing on screen, try selecting that option and going Windows (top of the screen)>>Cascade. What this will do is pull all the open windows onto the screen, so if you have accidentally moved or for some that window is appearing off-screen it will be pulled back so it can be accessed.

NadiaRavanello
      Contributing User

I can see the 'in tray' but when I hit it - absolutely nothing happens - nothing - it doesn't open.  I get a message to press F1 for information on how to use it.  

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi NadiaRavanello 

Did you try that window's cache option? As it does sound like the window is just appearing off-screen and needs to be brought across. I would also make sure that you are opening the online version of the company file - the bar at the bottom of the window when accessing the file would be green.

If that is still not working as intended, I would be looking at reinstalling the software to see how you get on after that process. 

NadiaRavanello
      Contributing User

Hi Steven

Did you get my response?  Basically when I hit the 'in-tray' icon nothing happens - i get a message at the bottome of my screen to hit P1 - which explains how to use the in-tray - i've been using it for a few years so that's not the issue - the thing isn't working and I can't add documents if I can't open it!!  Thanks