Forum Discussion

PKH1
Experienced Cover User
4 months ago
Solved

Inventory Zero Value

Dears,

I am having again problems with the inventroy.

We bought a product in A$ for $210 + GST from our standard supplier. The client didn't want the product and we returned it to the supplier, who in return issued a Credit Note.

Whilst entering the credit note as a minus purchase for A$210 + GST I got the dreaded messages of zero value. What do we have to do to get the purchase out of our books?

Peter Heyn

PKH1
    3 months ago

HI Doreen,

I  managed in adjusting the stock and entering the CN as a service CN

best regards

Peter

9 Replies

Doreen_P
      MYOB Moderator

Hi, PKH1

We hope everything is going well for you today. We just wanted to follow up on whether you still require assistance regarding inventory. If yes, we recently requested additional information. 

Please tell us how you go and feel free to respond if you need more assistance.

Best regards,

Doreen

PKH1
        Experienced Cover User

HI Doreen,

I  managed in adjusting the stock and entering the CN as a service CN

best regards

Peter

philamoore
      User

hi, i am having this same issue.  

1. Credit the part number from Customer invoice to show in stock

2. Enter Bill for the supplier 

Get error " no items on hand and a non-zero valvue in inventory"

Mike_James
        Ultimate Partner

Hi philamoore , welcome to the forum. A couple of things to be aware of:

- Untick the "Gst inclusive" flag when entering the bill, to see the actual stock value being credited.

- AccountRight has a fault where it adds 10% to the value of any return to stock in a sales credit, so you may need to adjust the stock value downwards using an inventory adjustment (qty nil, amount negative as reuqired), before recording the supplier credit.