Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Inventory items purchases & sales showing on bank rec

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had this issue before and managed to get it fixed.

Staff accidentally created a inventory code to the chq account 1-1110 instead of merchandise 1-1300

So it appeared on bank rec and we got staff to fix the incorrect inventory to correct coded. However it still remains on the bank rec as outstanding.

On web browser version of myob it clearly shows that all related inventory codes are now correct but it still remains outstanding on web browser version as well.

Even the amounts don't seem to match to anything

Can anyone help?

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi Smrl769 

Welcome to the Community Forum. Changing the linked account for an item will only change the account it uses in the future - it won't retroactively change the account used in past invoices or purchases.

If you open the bill and invoices and then go to Edit > Recap Transaction, and see if the bank account is listed as one of the accounts that are being affected? If it is then you would need to either reverse and re-enter it or do Record a journal entry to fix it. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Smrl769
      User

Hi,

Thank you for that. I have checked recap transaction and yes purchase have chq a/c so i will do GJ but sales does not - see below. Any idea on how to fix these on my bank rec?

Regards,

Sylvia

SamaraM
        Former Staff

Hi Sylvia (Smrl769)

Thanks for sending through that additional information, looks like it was due to a linked account. At this point there are 2 options to fix the transaction:

If you're not sure which would be the best option in your specific situation, you might need to check with an accounting advisor.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.