Forum Discussion

IGGA
User
5 years ago
Solved

Is that possible to transfer sales information in the POS system into MYOB? OR?

Hi 

I am now working in a supermarket and this market has being using an old-fashioned POS system for a long time, which means I can't change the POS system.

We use MYOB to record : all supplier's invoices; expenses; ect, but no sales in MYOB because it's in the POS system.  However, we still can get the sales number (not detailed information) from our Bank Feeds. 

The tricky thing is, part of our goods are GST-free, so the GST part information is lost in this process.

If you were me how would you fix this?

Thanks and be safe.

• Hi IGGA 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delay in replying. It will depend on the POS system whether you are able to export the sale information and import it into AccountRight. If you can't export/import you may need to manually enter the sale information into AccountRight. 

You could record a Receive Money transaction and allocate the GST sales to a GST Sales income account and the GST FRE sales to a GST FRE income account. You would then be able to match this transaction with the deposit in Bank Feeds.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi IGGA 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delay in replying. It will depend on the POS system whether you are able to export the sale information and import it into AccountRight. If you can't export/import you may need to manually enter the sale information into AccountRight. 

You could record a Receive Money transaction and allocate the GST sales to a GST Sales income account and the GST FRE sales to a GST FRE income account. You would then be able to match this transaction with the deposit in Bank Feeds.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.