Forum Discussion

Wapal
User
2 years ago
Solved

Possible Blacklisted Email

Hi I am a staff member of a business that uses MYOB, I have recently stopped receiving payslips to my external email account that has been receiving them for many years without issue. "Diagnostic-Code: rejected"

I can see here that there are instances when MYOB are blocking email addresses. I would like the email address in question to be checked against this blacklist, could someone please contact me so that this can be done, thanks.

• Hi Wapal 

Thanks for your post.

I checked the email address you provided it's on the list marked for spam likely sending bulk emails. I have removed the email from the blacklisted list.

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
    Leneth

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Wapal 

Thanks for your post. It's great to have you here in the Community forum.

The 'rejected' status actually suggests that the e-mail was sent successfully on our end but rejected on the recipient's end. This doesn't by any means suggest that you are rejecting the e-mail, but more likely that it's not even getting through to you because it's blocked by your e-mail provider.

We have seen these cases before where ultimately, the workaround was to simply use a different e-mail address. You may use another e-mail address and try sending payslips.

Hope this helps. Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
    Leneth

Wapal
      User

Hi Leneth_A, thanks for the response.

The email address in question is an outlook.com account so very common domain that many people would be using, if outlook.com was blocking MYOB emails I imagine that would be a huge problem for a lot of businesses.

I have AccountRight@apps.myob.com set on that account in the safe senders list.

I have seen other posts where this rejection message would appear to coming from MYOB and not from an external provider, such as this recent post: 

https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Sales-and-purchases/Emails-bouncing-Diagnostic-Code-rejected/m-p/805727

If MYOB has a list of blocked email addresses then can we simply check that rather than using different emails to try and find one that works, I would rather find the root cause of the issue than try find workarounds.

thanks.

Leneth_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Wapal

Thanks for your post.

I'm happy to take a look into this for you, can you please send me a private message with your product serial number and the email address affected.

Cheers,
        Leneth