Forum Discussion

Hubertien
Experienced User
3 years ago
Solved

Paying Bill payments via Bpayment

I know that I can't entered the Bpayment details into the suppliers CARD and that I have to manually process the actually payment at my bank.  That is all good.

What I need to know is how to handle this payment in MYOB.

One post dated Mark 2017, said to handle it as a Spend Money transcation when it lands in my bank feeds.

Is this the best option or is there another solution?

If I run it through the Pay Bills function in MYOB, but don't process the ABA Bank File, how do I clear it from the Prepare Electronic payments window?

Looking for an elegant and simple way to handle one off Bpay payments.

Any help or suggestions you can offer would be appreciated.

• Hi Hubertien 

Thanks for your post. From a software perspective there's no difference in Bpay payments and other withdrawal methods, such as card payments and internet transfers.

One off payments are typically entered as Spend Money transactions. The Pay from account is the bank account funds are paid from. Depending on your personal preferences you could enter Bpay in the Cheque no field.

With regard to Pay bills, you can untick the Electronic Payment box and change the Pay from account to your bank account or credit card, whichever account you pay the bill from. If you do process a Pay bill with Electronic Payment ticked and you don't want to upload the ABA file to the bank, record the electronic payment as normal but when the Save as window opens click Cancel. The ABA file won't be saved but the AccountRight transaction that transfers the amount from the electronic clearing account to the bank account will be recorded.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Hubertien 

Thanks for your post. From a software perspective there's no difference in Bpay payments and other withdrawal methods, such as card payments and internet transfers.

One off payments are typically entered as Spend Money transactions. The Pay from account is the bank account funds are paid from. Depending on your personal preferences you could enter Bpay in the Cheque no field.

With regard to Pay bills, you can untick the Electronic Payment box and change the Pay from account to your bank account or credit card, whichever account you pay the bill from. If you do process a Pay bill with Electronic Payment ticked and you don't want to upload the ABA file to the bank, record the electronic payment as normal but when the Save as window opens click Cancel. The ABA file won't be saved but the AccountRight transaction that transfers the amount from the electronic clearing account to the bank account will be recorded.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.