Purchase Orders - Orders received over several invoices

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
microheat
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

28Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Purchase Orders - Orders received over several invoices

I have a situation where I have issued a purchase order for two new lines of stock from the same supplier and paid this in advance - thus creating a fully paid PO. 
Unbeknown at that time the supplier delivered the items separately and issued two separate invoices for these items which came in less than the Proforma Invoice on which the PO was raised.
How do I convert the order into a bill for the two separate invoices? As far as I can see I can only convert the PO once regardless of the number of items listed on the Purchase order. I would of thought that where goods/items are delivered in mutiple transactions due to supplier/production constraints that this would be a standard requirement.
I have tried converting the order into a bill against one supplier invoice and deleting the item line not applicable to that invoice but this effectively assigned the entire PO against that first invoice leaving nothing for the second invoice to be assigned to.
There is also the issue that there will be a credit balance left on the account which would be still outstanding on the PO after the two invoices are processed.

This is giving me a major headache so any help would be gratefully received.... 

2 REPLIES 2
LFW02
Trusted Partner
107 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

107Posts

73Kudos

5Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Purchase Orders - Orders received over several invoices

Hi There

Open your PO and select Change to Bill (enter Date and Invoice No)

Now edit the Bill quantity to whatever you received on the first Invoice and put the balance of the Order in the Backorder field. Once you have recorded this, MYOB will now record another PO for the remaining items for you to record the secomd invoice against

Lynne Wagner
Zebra Accounting and Business Systems
PO Box 234
SHERWOOD QLD 4075
Ph: 0408 990 121
email: lynne@zabs.com.au
microheat
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

28Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Purchase Orders - Orders received over several invoices

Many thanks Lynn for taking the time to reply.

So simple when you know the answer but had me stumped for a while.

Thanks again.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post