Forum Discussion

4 years ago
Solved

Recurring Sales Invoice - Autofill Description Line

I send out invoices on the 1st of every month and the only thing that changes in the description is the month of the fee. Is it possible to set up a Recurring Invoice where the Description changes with each monthly invoice? 

e.g. 'Monthly membership in advance for the month beginning {{invoice date}}.

Whereby {{invoice date}} would auto fill to 1 October 2020, and the next month 1 November 2020.

• Hello NexusBSM 

Please have a look at our Help Articles: Setting up recurring transactions and Recording recurring transactions. These two articles should walk you through the steps to set up a recurring transaction in AccountRight. When doing so you select a frequency, i.e. Monthly, however, as I understand it there is not currently a way to prompt that monthly date to populate in the description line in the invoice. This would still need to be input manually.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Emily_B
    Former Staff

Hello NexusBSM 

Please have a look at our Help Articles: Setting up recurring transactions and Recording recurring transactions. These two articles should walk you through the steps to set up a recurring transaction in AccountRight. When doing so you select a frequency, i.e. Monthly, however, as I understand it there is not currently a way to prompt that monthly date to populate in the description line in the invoice. This would still need to be input manually.

NexusBSM
      User

Hi Emily_B ,

Thank you for getting back to me and providing that information. I had used another accounting package that did have the ability to put the date in the description, which was linked to the invoice date. It would be great to have that feature in MYOB too.

Thanks again.