Forum Discussion

Liv3
Experienced User
2 years ago

Report hanging

Hi,

For the last few days we have been trying to do the report on customers "Card List [Detail]", it hangs every single time and closes MYOB.  We have tried on numerous computers.

Is this a current issue?

FYI not sure if I picked the right 'Location' as there was no reports option

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello Liv3 

Generally, if the file is freezing up it could mean that there is a timeout error happening.

Can you please back up your company file, and then restore a copy of it offline. Once the file has been restored offline, you should be able to run the report. 

Once the report has been run you should be able to put the file back online and this should resolve the timeout issue happening.

I have attached a Help Article on backing up and restoring your company file

Please let me know how you go.

Liv3
      Experienced User

Hi,

Sorry, only just got a chance to try this.  No go.  Even as an offline file when i go to do the report it closes MYOB.  All we need is a list of customers, card ID, phone number, addresses, emails and discount however no other report provided that information other than the  Card List (Detail) which wont work. 

FYI I have modified the report to only show the details we require, I have even tried just displaying the customer name as the only field and each and every time, it closes MYOB.  Not being able to do this report is causing major dramas.  Can you please advise a fix?????  ALL other reports work except the Card List (Detail)

Mike_James
        Ultimate Partner

Hi Liv3 , you can get that information, and in a nicer format, by exporting customer cards to a text file and copying the contents to Excel. 

Go to File, import/export...