Forum Discussion

CassG
User
2 years ago

Turning off Inventory Tracking

Hi

Is there a way to bulk disable "I inventory this item" for all items in the items list?

Currently we have an inventory list of 2500 items, we do not use MYOB for inventory tracking however historically our file has been set up this way. This causes errors when an item reaches negative inventory.

Many thanks

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi CassG 

Welcome to the Community Forum. At this stage, the Items List window does not have an option to update all items. However, you can export your Item List and remove the 'I Inventory' option in Excel, then import the updated information back into AccountRight.

For instructions on how to update items through export/import click here: Updating items.

For details on the import fields click here: Import and export fields.

Hope that helps.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi CassG , if you cannot untick the "I inventory" option manually, then you will not be able to change it through the import/export process. (Once transactions have been recorded, that option cannot be changed). 

Generally what people do is add a prefix such as "ZZ" to the relevant items, then create a new item without the "I inventory".

Re-creating items can be done by exporting the existing list (before adding a prefix), and removing the "I inventory" option by editing the text file in Excel, then save as text. However, adding the prefix also can only be done manually, the import/export wizard cannot be used to change item numbers.

CassG
      User

Thanks Mike, you are right, I tried to test turning off one item 'I inventory this item' manually and I received an error that it could not be turned off as there were journals assigned to the item. I've checked and we actually have around 4500 items already existing, I do not wish to duplicate so many items.

Is there a way to import a new on hand value? I'm thinking I could put the on-hand values excessively high so even if we continue to sell we won't have any negitive inventory issues.

Any thoughts?

Appreciate your help!

SamaraM
        Former Staff

Hi CassG 

There are two options to updating the on-hand values:

• You could do it through the Import/Export Assistant previously mentioned (Export Items > update the on hand values on excel or notepad > Import in again)

Hope that helps.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.