Forum Discussion

penpaper77
Contributing Cover User
2 years ago

Unable to delete a purchase

I entered a purchase, then 'paid' it as an electronic payment to a bank file.  Then I realised it was incorrect and I needed to delete it.  I do NOT have 'transactions can't be changed etc etc' ticked in my system preferences and MYOB will NOT let me delete this purchase.    I have tried to delete the payment first etc but I only have the option to REVERSE the payment  and I have no idea why.  

The arrows next to the payment is grey if this means anything.   This is all in the current month and nothing has been reconciled.  Can anyone assist?

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi penpaper77 

You need to delete the complete electronic payment first. If you have reversed any transacton you must delete that reversal first.

Regards

Gavin

LRBooks61
      Ultimate Cover User

Hi

try deleting it from the electronic clearing account NOT the bank account

Lisa

penpaper77
      Contributing Cover User

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.  The only option showing in the edit menu is to reverse the payment in the electronic clearing account.    I definitely do not have the 'transactions can't be changed etc etc' box ticked in preferences so I'm at a loss.  If you have any other ideas it would be appreciated.   

LRBooks61
        Ultimate Cover User

Hi 

did you try to delete the transaction from the electronic clearing account. 

go to either the bank register or reconcile accounts screen and select electronic clearing account. Find the payment usually be EPXXXX and delete thatt

Lisa