Forum Discussion

2 years ago
Solved

Unable to delete a payment

Hi, I am unable to delete a payment where I have been able to do this previously. It seems like an update issue. The option to delete is not there or is greyed out. I have also checked the preferences to ensure I can change transactions. I am an administrator so permissions is not an issue. Can you help please?

• Thanks Samara, I spent a number of hours on the phone with MYOB yesterday and today. The solution was to reverse the sales invoice which creates a credit and then apply the credit to the correct invoices.. This worked for me as I had initially applied the payment to incorrect invoices.

Thanks for getting back to me. :)

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi, I am having the same issue. It seems like an update issue. The option to delete is not there or is greyed out. I have also checked the preferences to ensure I can change transactions. I am an administrator so permissions is not an issue.

I need to delete a payment. Can you help please?

SamaraM
      Former Staff

Hi Margi2454 

Thank you for your post. There are a number of reasons why you may be seeing the option to Reverse Transaction as shaded:

If it is not caused by the above, I recommend first back up your company file, then recording another payment for $1 with the same date and currency as that transaction, and seeing if when you open it and click edit if it gives you the option to reverse or it is also shaded. This will help us narrow down if it's the specific transaction or all transactions with the restriction. 

Hope that helps and let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Margi2454
        User

Thanks Samara, I spent a number of hours on the phone with MYOB yesterday and today. The solution was to reverse the sales invoice which creates a credit and then apply the credit to the correct invoices.. This worked for me as I had initially applied the payment to incorrect invoices.

Thanks for getting back to me. :)