Forum Discussion

Joshymad
Experienced Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Unable to move windows around or resize them - or minimise them

Help

For some reason I am unable to move any open windows around my screen, or mouse click on the minimise button or red X button - so I can't reside individual windows etc to be able to see more than one .. this happens with various windows like sales register, purchase register and others.

Anybody able to help...please

Thanks Cindy

• Hi Joshymad 

Thank you for your post. 

I have tested this on my Clearwater account and have been able to move the window around and minimise. Can you please tell me what happens when you do press the minimise button? Also, can you please confirm how long this has been occurring for you?

As to a solution, I would first close down the program and reopen. Once you have reopened the file as per normal, go to Setup>>Preferences>>Windows and make sure that you have unticked the option "Save Window Sizes and locations" After you have checked that if you go select a window are you now able to move that window?

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Jesh_D
    Former Staff

Hi Joshymad 

Thank you for your post. 

I have tested this on my Clearwater account and have been able to move the window around and minimise. Can you please tell me what happens when you do press the minimise button? Also, can you please confirm how long this has been occurring for you?

As to a solution, I would first close down the program and reopen. Once you have reopened the file as per normal, go to Setup>>Preferences>>Windows and make sure that you have unticked the option "Save Window Sizes and locations" After you have checked that if you go select a window are you now able to move that window?

Joshymad
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks for your help

This has been happening for about 2 weeks.

I went in to Preferences Window etc ... and that wasn't ticked - but I ticked it and saved it, then went back in and unticked it straight away ... and it is all working correctly now and I can move and minimise.

I thank you so much for your help, while it was only a little problem, it was a little frustrating.

Regards Cindy