MeganS1
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Unable to print invoice in a locked period

Hi 

I am unable to print an invoice in a locked period.  I do not need to change the invoice only send it.  There is no need to open the locked period as I only need to send the invoice.

The error message is "You can't edit sales dated in the lock period.  The lock period is specified in the Security tab of the Preferences window."

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,030 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,030Posts

914Kudos

640Solutions

Re: Unable to print invoice in a locked period

Hi @MeganS1 

Interesting and strange - I suspect this might be because the invoice has never been printed. See bottom left corner of screen for print status. If this shows To Be Printed, MYOB needs to change this to Already Printed. And it seems it cannot do this due to the Locked period. So even though you are not editing the invoice, the process of printing requires it to be edited. In this instance you may need to temporarily disable the Lock, print and re-enable.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
MeganS1
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

@gavin12345  Thanks Gavin - that makes sense, but is a little annoying.  Thanks!

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,379 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,379Posts

115Kudos

271Solutions

Hi @MeganS1,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum! Additionally, another workaround is to use the snipping tool on your computer to capture the invoice or save it as a document and then print it outside of MYOB. You can also refer to this help article for more information: Lock a period

Feel free to post again if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to assist you.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post