2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Unable to re-send sales invoice in a locked period

Hi,

I am unable to re-send some invoices to clients. Keep coming up against “You can’t edit sales dated in the lock period. The lock period is specified in the security tab of the preferences window”. All I need to do is re-send invoices either to the system-held customer email or to a different address without changing the invoice in any way. This is often necessary when chasing unpaid invoices. Client requests invoice be sent again to same or different address. Would appreciate assistance. Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,502 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,502Posts

44Kudos

156Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Unable to re-send sales invoice in a locked period

Hi @RonAva

Thank you for your post and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum. I hope you find plenty of useful information.

The error message indicates that the invoice you’re trying to resend is within the lock period date. This will prevent anyone from inadvertently making an entry or changes in a period in which you don’t want new entries. To resolved this, you may follow the following steps below:

• Go to the Setup menu and choose Preferences.
  • Click the Security tab.
  • Untick the box Lock Periods: Disallow Entries Prior to option and choose the relevant date.
    This selection will unlock on all transactions prior to the date selected. 
  • Click OK.

Please note that your user role needs to have the permission to change preferences. Do let us know if you need further help.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

RonAva
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Shella,

Thank you. As it turns out, for this entity I am required to re-send invoices from a separate billing system. This entity pushes invoices to MYOB for financial reporting, etc but manage emailing invoices from the other system. I will note your response for future reference. Thanks again. 

Regards

Ron

Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,502 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,502Posts

44Kudos

156Solutions

Hi @RonAva

Thanks for the response. 

We're glad to know that you manage to email those invoices. We appreciate your effort in this matter. Please be informed that we are now closing this thread. Feel free to start a new post in the future if you encounter any further issues. We're always delighted to assist you.

Cheers,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

jjs57
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

How do I unlock a period in MYOB Lite!?

I cannot find any set up or preferences in the menu options 

jjs57
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

@Shella_A wrote:

Hi @RonAva

Thank you for your post and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum. I hope you find plenty of useful information.

The error message indicates that the invoice you’re trying to resend is within the lock period date. This will prevent anyone from inadvertently making an entry or changes in a period in which you don’t want new entries. To resolved this, you may follow the following steps below:

• Go to the Setup menu and choose Preferences.
  • Click the Security tab.
  • Untick the box Lock Periods: Disallow Entries Prior to option and choose the relevant date.
    This selection will unlock on all transactions prior to the date selected. 
  • Click OK.

Please note that your user role needs to have the permission to change preferences. Do let us know if you need further help.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Shella

No this has not helped 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post