Forum Discussion

Maria6062
Contributing Cover User
7 months ago
Solved

Wrong Supplier Card Correct Bank Account

A supplier has two cards with the same bank account.  One card is named after her business and the other to her name.  We mistakenly raised an invoice to her business card and paid it electronically.  An invoice should have been raised to her name card.  We will not receive a credit because the bank account is the same in both cards and is correct.  How do we reverse the invoice and correct to her name as well as link the payment to her name cards as well?  

• Hi Maria6062

Thanks for the response. 

You can either delete or reverse the transaction depending on your use case and preference. But you will need to set the application to either reverse or delete transactions. You can check this option by going to the Setup > Preferences > Security tab > Transactions CANT be Changed; They Must be Reversed [System-Wide] window. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance. We're happy to help. 

Thanks,

Genreve

3 Replies

• Hi Maria6062,

Thank you for your post.

In this situation, where you mistakenly raised an invoice to the business card of a supplier, but the bank account is the same, you can correct this by reversing the invoice and properly linking the payment to the correct card. Kindly refer to this Help article, Reversing a Transaction, that has detailed information to assist with this. 

Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to help.

Cheers,

Princess

Maria6062
      Contributing Cover User

Thanks for your reply, Princess.

I am using AccountRight and there is no option to Reversing a Transaction.  It seems that I can only delete the incorrect transaction?  Is this correct?

Regards. 

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Maria6062

Thanks for the response. 

You can either delete or reverse the transaction depending on your use case and preference. But you will need to set the application to either reverse or delete transactions. You can check this option by going to the Setup > Preferences > Security tab > Transactions CANT be Changed; They Must be Reversed [System-Wide] window. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance. We're happy to help. 

Thanks,

Genreve