You may not delete a deposit transaction for a recorded purchase.

Mark299
Experienced User
41 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

41Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

You may not delete a deposit transaction for a recorded purchase.

Hi All.

This one is slightly different. I made a purchase and incorrectly put the amount in as $4699.83 when it should have been $4,669.83. So I have a closed transaction (done in February) that nrmally I would just delete the payment, adjust the invoice and then apply the payment that actually matches the bank transfer.

However it won't let me do that and gives the error message "You may not delete a deposit transaction for a recorded purchase".

So I tried the reverse transaction thing and it came up in the system however when I apply this.

I'm on the old V19.12 version (yes it works for my small business) it gives me a $30 credit. There is no credit as I actually only paid the supplier the correct amount. 

Assistance would be appreciated. It should be this hard. Thansk Mark

3 REPLIES 3
Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,908 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,908Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Re: You may not delete a deposit transaction for a recorded purchase.

Hi @Mark299

Thanks for posting. If a payment was logged while the purchase was still an order and then it was converted into an invoice, the system doesn't provide an option to delete the payment. Instead, you might need to reverse the invoice. If you find there is a $30 amount remaining after reversing the invoice, it could be due to a mismatch between the invoice amount and the payment. The reversal process essentially creates identical transactions but with negative values.

I suggest you verify the points I've mentioned and share the outcomes with us. If you need more help with this, we welcome you to send us screenshots of the error message, the recorded invoice, and the recorded payment."

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,
Genreve

Mark299
Experienced User
41 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

41Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

HI Genreve

Thanks for the reply. The issue I have is that I have recorded the payment in MYOB as $4,699.83 and the actual amount that was paid out of the account was $4,669.83.  I then reversed the payment in Myob and then resubmmitted the correct invoice at $4,669.83. Myob then just calculated that I now have $30 that was overpaid and has put it in as a credit for this supplier. 

It just doesn't make any sense that in the past, I have just been able to delete the payment from the invoice, adjust the amount of the invoice to the correct amount, and then put the correct payment in. 

Why has Myob decided that in this instance, this is not possible?

I just went back to Myob and looked at another closted invoice that had been paid. Went to the invoice, clicked on payment history, brought up the payment and deleted the payment. Then I was bale to re-do the payment without issue. It just doesn't make sence. What is different between the two paid invoices? 

This is why I hate Myob. Just when I think I know how it all works, it doesn't. 

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,165 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,165Posts

117Kudos

490Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Mark299,

Thank you for your response.

When a payment is linked to a sale or purchase, it's necessary to first undo the payment before you can reverse the sale or purchase. It's important to adjust the security preference prior to attempting to reverse or delete a transaction.

In this situation, as you've reversed the invoice transaction and now have a balance of $30 on your return and credit/debit section, you'll need to settle the credit/debit. Please check out the following helpful articles for guidance on handling this type of transaction:

Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post