Forum Discussion

The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
4 years ago
Solved

exporting an invoice line by line into EXCEL

Hi Folks

I thought this would be easy - and it seems logical for MYOB to have done this but it isn't.

We create very extensive invoices - monthly and they can be very detailed with major sub-headings and for 1 client with 40 plus branches a huge invoice.

This is just what the client wants - we have contracts (24 to 36 months) and we include the core contract information in the top of the invoice and the last item shows changes to the contract and services charged.

The problem is there is no easy way to get this information out of MYOB into an Excel spreadsheet.

You can print it to pdf then use FOXIT Pro or similar to export it to EXCEL but that is messy, random and seldom works well.

Other than writing an extraction via the API and creating this invoice in EXCEL format - does anyone know anyone who has already got something working.

Yes I can extract it via the API - I already have written my own JSON dictionary for MYOB and this is working fine - but I have other jobs to do!!!

The Doc

• Hi Doc The_Doc 

I'm not sure if you've already tried this already, in AccountRight under File > Import/Export Assistant, it does have the option to export sales transactions. Additional filters can be entered to narrow down the range of transactions to be exported. 

The exported file is a .txt file which will display the line details of each transaction exported when viewed in Excel. Further editing can be done in Excel then imported back to AccountRight to update the existing record if needed. 

Would this address what you are looking for?

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    The_Doc
    Ultimate Partner

I forgot to add a screenshot of the invoices we send out - the screenshot is typical 

The Doc

CloverQ
    Former Staff

Hi Doc The_Doc 

I'm not sure if you've already tried this already, in AccountRight under File > Import/Export Assistant, it does have the option to export sales transactions. Additional filters can be entered to narrow down the range of transactions to be exported. 

The exported file is a .txt file which will display the line details of each transaction exported when viewed in Excel. Further editing can be done in Excel then imported back to AccountRight to update the existing record if needed. 

Would this address what you are looking for?

The_Doc
      Ultimate Partner

Hi CloverQ 

Thanks for that - completely forgot that approach even though I have used that extensively - yes as an interim this would work thanks as a quick fix - though it misses all the niceties of the laid out invoice which we have to produce for some of our clients - actually - all our clients as I rebuild each and every invoice to incorporate our standard invoice format.

I probably will develop our own in house export feature through your API - which I have already developed a working API interface.

But thanks for the solution.

The Doc