Accessing new personalised letter template from account right

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
SAM_Vet
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

28Posts

17Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Accessing new personalised letter template from account right

I have edited the Myob blank personalised letter template in Word and saved it in the correct Letters folder.

But this new template does not appear in the drop down list from within AR.  How do I select this new template when I want to do a mail merge?

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Accessing new personalised letter template from account right

Hi @SAM_Vet 

When saving that Microsoft Word Template what file type did you save it as? For it to be picked up for generating a personalised letter you do need to save that file as a .dot file type, which is a Microsoft Word template file (97-2003 format). 

I would also ensure that the file is saved in the folder  - 20xx.x being the version of the software you are using.
C:\Users\<user.name>\Documents\MYOB\AccountRight\20xx.x\Letters

For more information on personalising letters do check out Help Article: Personalised letters

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

SAM_Vet
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

28Posts

17Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Accessing new personalised letter template from account right

I had saved the letter in the correct location on my PC, and had generated it through Word.

What went wrong was that I have a newer version of Word and the letter had been automatically saved as a .docx file.  So I was able to "save as" with a .dot extension and all is now well.

I realize you do mention the .dot bit in your instructions, but it might be making specific mention that users of newer versions of Word will have to actively change the file extention when saving the template.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post