Forum Discussion

1300HOTAIR
Experienced Cover User
6 years ago
Solved

Personalised Letters to Employees

I have successfully created a new personalised letter in MYOB Account Right that I need to send to my employees. My problem is that the names appear as SURNAME, First Name. How do I get this is be "First Name. SURNAME.

One post suggested that I use [[Salutation]], [[Contact]] which is OK for suppliers etc but the employee cards do not have a contact field - Any suggestions 

• Hi 1300HOTAIR 

As you have indicated, the [[Name]] field with personalise letters would pull the last name then the first name for Individual designated cards.

If you are wanting a more formatted name (first name, last name) you could look at using a different series of fields to store that necessary information and then adding those fields to the template. FAQ: Which fields can be merged into a letter? on Help Article: Personalised letters outlines the full range of fields. Typically, we would recommend the Salutation and contact field. For employee cards (as they don't have a contact field) what about using the Fax field or Phone2 field?

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi 1300HOTAIR 

As you have indicated, the [[Name]] field with personalise letters would pull the last name then the first name for Individual designated cards.

If you are wanting a more formatted name (first name, last name) you could look at using a different series of fields to store that necessary information and then adding those fields to the template. FAQ: Which fields can be merged into a letter? on Help Article: Personalised letters outlines the full range of fields. Typically, we would recommend the Salutation and contact field. For employee cards (as they don't have a contact field) what about using the Fax field or Phone2 field?

1300HOTAIR
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks for the work around, whilst not ideal it does solve the issue