Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Customer Statements Blank

I recently sent end of month statements and our customers have advised that no transctions appear on them. They are completely blank. I have checked tht these customer do in fact have balances and they are not showing. How do we fix this ASAP.

12 REPLIES 12
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Customer Statements Blank

Hi @cass1906 

Statements in AccountRight can print blank. This is due to the way in which the Print/Email Statements window will generate and populate the window.

When you open the Print/Email Statements window, the system will check to see if the card has a balance. If the card has a balance it will appear in the window to produce a statement. Should you have Only include invoices up to Statement enabled or use an activity statement it will only showcase invoices up to that date. This does mean that when you go to produce your statements the card will appear but due to that date option you are almost throttling the statement from showing values thus shows blank.

If you are expecting to see invoices appearing on the statement you would be looking at ensuring that you have no transactions dated after the statement date if you are going to use the Only include invoices up to Statement date or activity statement.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

cass1906
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you. We use Statement Typre: Invoice and date it the last day of the month. We have the only include up to Statement Date ticked. There are definately unpaid customer invoices that should be appearing, but the Statements still were sent as blanks. 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @cass1906 

Can you provide us with an example of the statement that was produced and a copy of the Aged Receivables - Outstanding invoice analysis window (Select the Customer's card in the Card File and select the Balance arrow (top right)). With this information. we can look into the data that is being produced to have a better insight into what is occurring with that statement situation.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

cass1906
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

No problem, can you please let me know where I can send the information to rather then posting customer info in this forum?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @cass1906 

You are welcome to send that information through in a Forum private message to me

Please note: that using this method you would need to ensure that information is contained within image files and use the Photos button when composing the message.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @cass1906 

Thank you for providing that screenshot.

Looking at that screenshot, it certainly seems like those statements are blank when data should be added. I can see that you are using a customise statement form, do you know if the same thing occurs on one of the default forms i.e. the Pre-Printed or the Plain-paper? (form can be adjusted by updating the Selected Form for Statement in the Advanced Filters of the Print/Email Statement window)

I can also see you are using the 31/01/2023 for that statement date, do the transactions show when run for a later date i.e. 16/02/2023?

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

cass1906
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

It happens from time to time and if i printed a statement today it all shows as it should. What I was hoping is to stop blank statements going to customers when they shouldnt be blank. Because it doesnt happen eahc and every time I assume it is a MYOB issue and not my template. 

cass1906
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Can you please provide me with an update. I have previously submitted the docs you requested privately.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @cass1906 

Generally speaking, when it happens randomly and can't be replicated it would be a matter of trying to narrow down factors that could be at play to determine if what does cause that situation to occur:

For example,

• You are printing the statements, does the same thing occur if you email them? If you do email them, are you using Outlook to email or the online email functionality? Does the same thing occur if you use the other method
  • Do you get the same situation occurring if you complete that process from another computer?
  • Do you only get it for one particular set of customers?
  • Do you only get that situation if you have used a certain type of transaction or item...?
  • Have you tried the default form to see if they encounter the situation?
  • Do you have any third-party applications running at the same time as generating those statements? If so, do you get the same situation if its not running?
  • Do you get the same situation occurring if you are actioning that request at another time?
  • If you select less customers to produce the statements do you get the same results?

As you can see there a number of different variables that would have to be taken into account before we can look at investigating it further fully at our end. However, do look at trying to do some narrowing down of the certain circumstances when it does occur then we can look at working with you further to help identify what could be causing that situation.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post