Date Range

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
RachyRabbit
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Date Range

My financial year is 1/7/2020-30/6/2021.

If l invoice and the date is more than todays date there is a yellow warning that comes up.

However if l date it before the 1/7/2020 there is no error?? and it allows the transaction to be updated.

Is there anywhere in the system that you can program this to prevent incorrect dates?

Regards

Rachel

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Date Range

Hi @RachyRabbit 

Thanks for your post. If you want to prevent new transactions being recorded in a previous period I would recommend setting lock periods. The lock period can be updated as required, such as, when the BAS has been lodged for the last quarter. You can do this by going to Setup>>Preferences>>Security tab>>tick Lock Period: Disallow Entries Prior To: <enter date>

If you want to stop transactions from being changed after they have been recorded, go to Setup>>Preferences>>Security tab>>tick Transactions Can't be Changed; They Must be Reversed. 

Both of these settings can be turned off by unticking them if you need to make any changes or add entries.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post