Error with Cost of Goods Sold

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
annbrinck
Experienced User
52 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

52Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Error with Cost of Goods Sold

Good Morning

I've received an email (copy in attached file) about an error re the Cost of Goods Sold and Invoicing. This has been an ongoing issue for months and despite assurances it is being resolved, doesn't appear to be.

The email asks us to make unlock, make non-financial changes to certain past invoices and then resave. 

For the record I did this sort of process before last year (unrelated to this error) - and it caused changes to our Trial Balance dating back into closed off years.  It took quite a bit of time to resolve, which we did on our own (as you can only spend so long on hold with customer service). So when I saw this email,  I was not keen to try this again.

I have received exactly the same email from MYOB support about this same issue on 5th May.  At that time I contacted MYOB Customer support to explain that I had done this before and it had caused changes to past TB's.  I perserved with customer support, finally got through to someone in your technical department.  They suggested that I try the change in the offline file and see if the same issues occurred.  They requested that I let MYOB support know  if they did, as they would need to advise other subscribers.

I made a change to one invoice and checked our TB's and the accounts involved were both out, and this went back to past years.  

As asked by MYOB Support I advised that it appeared the fix had not occurred, (email dated on 6th May also included in attached ) - explaining what I had done and also advising that we would not be actioning the changes requested.

I have never received any response to this email.

We do meticulous reporting each month and are satisified that our reports at the time prepared are correct.  Which is why when these errors appear we refer back to our original reports and figures and make our own adjustments, so we can keep a proper paper trail of changes for auditing purposes.

The real issue here is that since MYOB AccountRight went into the cloud the inventory has NEVER been correct. In fact, right at the beginning I had someone advise me to keep the old Account Right V19 just for inventory purposes.  So it seems that MYOB have known about inventory issues right from the release date. 

I've also seen people comment on the forum that the program can't cope with a large inventory file.  Is this correct??  If so why have users never been informed?

We will not be making these changes.  I hope that someone in your technical support department can look into all of this and provide some sort of solution.  I am happy to discuss, I believe you will have my contact details on file.

Regards

Ann

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post